Saturday, February 18, 2012

Online Conference for Music Therapy 2012 Resources- Part 2


Recognizing and Responding Musically to the Emotional Pain of 
People Who Don't Use Speech

As many of you already know, working at becoming a better listener, a more mindful clinician, and a curious practitioner is one of my passions. And this struggle to make sense of my experiences as a music therapist is something I try to share in my writing. 

To that end, I offer you links to a number of blog posts I've written over the past five years that are (mostly) directly related to the ideas I shared in my presentation for the 2012 Online Conference for Music Therapy. 

Some folks asked about working with groups, and I made note of posts addressing that subject. I also included a post about writing a process paper, which I still think is one of the best ways to start thinking about your sessions ( or should I say re-thinking your sessions?). 

I hope you find them to be useful.

Roia Rafieyan, MA, MT-BC

9/9/09 blog post

11/26/08 blog post (Writing a process paper)

5/1/09 blog post (Group music therapy countertransference example)

4/7/09 blog post

2/6/10 blog post (on not being understood)

1/26/10 blog post (quote from Mercedes Pavlicevic’s book “Music Therapy: Intimate Notes”)

10/25/09 blog post

9/29/07 blog post (addresses respecting “no")

2/10/10 blog post

6/7/11 blog post (countertransference songs)

12/27/10 blog post (working with groups)

11/21/10 blog post (countertransference songs)

12/6/11 blog post (using music to process countertransference)

11/29/11 blog post (using music to try and understand clients who don’t use speech)

6/24/11 blog post (communication)

7/14/11 blog post (countertransference and communication)

No comments: